1406 N Washington Junction City, KS 66441
Occupation: Hairstylist part rime /Travel Clerk @MWR Full time
JCCF Family Member Since: October 12, 2015
1. How did you get started with CrossFit?
My younger sister had told me about CrossFit and encouraged my husband and I to look for a box in town. I had been tired of the way I looked and I wanted to make friends. I still remembered the first day I came into JCCF, I felt so comfortable I knew we had found our place!
2. Favorite WOD and/or movement?
DB Snatches and Annie! I just love Annie, I love how fast it is.
3. Least favorite WOD and/or movement?
Love to hate Burpees
4. Name 1 long term fitness goal:
Not having to get a hip replacement surgery before 50yrs of age. Having Hip Dysplasia my whole life Doctors always told me that I needed to exercise and keep my leg muscles strong. They’ve advised me that I will probably need a hip replacement at some point in my life. I’m trying to make sure that is not any time soon!
5. Name 1 short term fitness goal:
Lose another 10% body fat.
6. What is your proudest CrossFit accomplishment thus far?Completing Murph in May 2017! I didn’t think I could do it to begin with let alone finish it but with my husband’s and friend’s encouragement I kept pushing, I was so proud of myself! Also, first time I did a box jump, first time I ran 1mile without stopping, 24hr challenge, 6mile hike, I can keep going lol
7. Tell us something about you that nobody knows!Some of things I love are cooking and crocheting. I’m originally from Brazil but I’ve been living in the US for 17yrs. My primary language is Portuguese, but I also speak a little Spanish.
8. If you could workout with ANYONE…who would it be and why?
I love working out with my husband! He is my number one supporter! We started CrossFit together and for a while it was our “thing”, something we did together to better ourselves. Then deployment happened and I had to learn to keep going without him there. It was hard but at the same time when we got to talk I would tell him about the WOD that day and how I did. Even far away he motivated me, pushed me, and in the end, I just wanted him to be proud of me and my effort! And proud he was every time told him about my achievements.
9 What do you love most about Junction City CrossFit?
I love the friendships that I’ve made! I love that I fell in love with exercising when I’ve been told my whole life how important it was to my body but never really understood it. After years of physical therapy on and off, I finally have a lifestyle that I can maintain and be happy doing it. It challenges me every day and it keeps getting me stronger!
10. Favorite quote and/or motto that you live by?
I really don't have one, but recently reading the book Chasing Excellence by Ben Bergeron he says, "You can't do better than your best." That really stuck with me! To be better at everything I do, and when the WODs get tough to push harder and give my best!